I began homeschooling our children in November 2011, and we’re now in our tenth year! We’ve homeschooled in four U.S. states, including our current home of Central New York, just outside Syracuse.
I graduated from Bridgewater State College (now University) in Massachusetts, with a B.S. in Elementary Education, and second major in English. I’ve taught in numerous preschools, as an elementary remediation specialist, and tutored reading at Sylvan Learning Center. And of course, I write children’s literature!
Whether you’re contemplating the idea of homeschooling and want more answers, just started your first year of homeschooling, or have homeschooled for years but want help in specific areas, I’m here to help.
Here’s what I offer:
- advice & guidance about how to start homeschooling
- help with: letter of intent, IHIP, and quarterly reports (NYS)
- curriculum recommendations
- finding resources
- understanding learning styles
- understanding homeschool styles & philosophies
- troubleshooting in your homeschool
- and much more!
Here’s how a consultation works:
- Contact me here, and I will send you a questionnaire to complete and email back. This will provide me with necessary information prior to our consultation, so we can dive a little deeper when we talk.
- We will arrange to meet either in person at MathematiCUSE in Manlius, NY, or via phone or Zoom.
- I will email you within a week of our consultation with notes and recommendations.
- You will be able to pay for your consultation via PayPal, or in person with cash or check (at the time of the in-person consultation).
$30 for a 30-minute initial consultation via phone, Zoom, or in-person.
$25 for each follow-up 30-minute consultation via phone, Zoom, or in-person.